[NARCCAP-discuss] RCM3_ncep hfls

Jonas Roberts jonaspmr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 07:04:05 MST 2013

Hello,

There appears to be some issues with the hfls data in the RCM3_ncep run.
Its values are typically about five orders of magnitude smaller than hfls
data from from CRCM, HRM3 and WRFG ncep runs. The pattern of the diurnal
and seasonal cycles appears to be realistic but the values are far too
small (order of 0.002 W/m^2 for my region of interest vs ~200 for the other
models). Could this be a units issue? The netcdf metadata says the units
are W/m^2 like all other ensemble members. Could I have an older version of
the data (the creation date on mine appears to be June 2011)?

Cheers,

Jonas Roberts
PhD Candidate
Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
Memorial University of Newfoundland