[NARCCAP-discuss] tas versus tasmax

Seth McGinnis mcginnis at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 14 13:53:56 MST 2013

Hi Tim,

Which runs (model + driver) are you seeing this happen in?

In theory, tasmax & tasmin should bracket tas.  It is possible that you've
found an error in the data post-processing; there's been at least one case
where we had to reprocess some files because of such a problem that eluded our
QC process.  However, note the definition of the "day" for Table 1, as
mentioned in Daryl's message.

I wrote an NCL script you may find useful for diagnosing the problem:
http://www.narccap.ucar.edu/contrib/tools/ncl/plot-tenvelope.ncl

Cheers,

--Seth