[NARCCAP-discuss] longitude in netcdf file

Seth McGinnis mcginnis at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 6 14:03:50 MST 2013

Hi Jianhua,

In accordance with the IPCC standards for the CMIP3 and CMIP5 archive,
NARCCAP longitudes are stored 0:360, not -180:180.

If you prefer to use negative longitudes for the western hemisphere, you
can convert to the -180:180 convention by subtracting 360 from the
longitude values in the files.

(Note: the one exception is HRM3 files, which are currently stored as
negative longitudes.  We plan to fix this in the future.)

Cheers,

--Seth