[NARCCAP-discuss] viewing NARCCAP in Panoply?

Darrin Sharp dsharp at coas.oregonstate.edu
Wed Mar 28 10:56:44 MDT 2012

Is anybody using Panoply to view NARCCAP data? I'm trying to, but am
missing an offset or something (see attached png).

Panoply seems to visualize the data in a file ok, except that
spatially it's offset longitudinally by quite a bit. For example, in
the attached png you can clearly see the outline of North America, but
Panoply is displaying it over Europe, instead of in the right place
120 degrees or so to the west. It seems to be in the right place
latitudinally - only the longitude is wrong.

Am I missing an attribute or something that specifies this
longitudinal offset?

FYI the file being displayed is tas_CRCM_cgcm3_1981010103.

-Darrin

Darrin Sharp
Faculty Research Assistant
Oregon Climate Change Research Inst. (OCCRI)
dsharp at coas.oregonstate.edu
970-219-6713