[NARCCAP-discuss] NARCCAP netcdf file viewer?

Seth McGinnis mcginnis at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 29 14:09:03 MDT 2012

Hi all,

It looks like, at least in the CRCM case, Panoply is looking for a map
projection attribute of "longitude_of_central_meridian" instead of
"straight_vertical_longitude_from_pole" (which is what CF requires).

I've made a bug report to the developer, but in the meantime, you can fix up
your CRCM files to display in Panoply using "ncatted" if you have NCO
installed.  Just run:
    ncatted -a longitude_of_central_meridian,polar_stereographic,o,d,263
filename.nc
and Panoply will then geolocate the data properly.

Cheers,

--Seth

P.S.: A brand-new release of Panoply came out yesterday.  It doesn't fix this
problem, but it may be worth updating if you're having problems with other
files.