[NARCCAP-discuss] Projection problem

Risa Patarasuk risajook at ufl.edu
Tue Aug 21 09:53:14 MDT 2012

Dear NARCCAP users:

I am just wondering if anyone has any problems projecting some NARCCAP
models to another. Our research group has aggregate the data into monthly
and we want to project all of the NARCCAP models to Albers NAD 83 (please
see the file attached).

The models that we are having the problems with are:

1) CRCM_CCSM model. When I opened it in ArcGIS, the layers don't line with
with other data sets that we have. Please see the picture below. The one in
red-green shaded color is the CRCM_CCSM model. I need to lie this up with
the ones in grey-shaded & blue-purple-shaded area.

2) HRM3_HADCM3 model. When I converted it to raster, it says the projection
is 'undefined.' Shouldn't it be Rotated Pole?  I noticed in Panoply Win
that there are some coordinate information missing compared to other models.

Another question: has anyone worked with WRFG_CGCM3 model? I don't see any
data in 2070.

Any idea/thoughts would be every much appreciated. Thank you.

Risa

Risa Patarasuk, Ph.D.
GIS Specalist, Pinemap Project
Soil and Water Science Department