[NARCCAP-discuss] ncdump

Roy Mendelssohn Roy.Mendelssohn at noaa.gov
Wed May 25 15:51:45 MDT 2011

ncdf is the old version, ncdf4 is the new version.  If binaries exist for your  platform either is simple to install.  ncdf4 does not have an official Windows binary right now, but David Pierce is working on it and has a test version.  Right to him if you run on Windows.

I can send sample scripts for either, though they are both easy to use.

-Roy

On May 25, 2011, at 2:01 PM, Eric Gilleland wrote:

> I usually use what is on this page
> (http://www.image.ucar.edu/Software/Netcdf/).  It can be tricky to
> install the ncdf package (and RNetCDF, I think).  I had our sys admins
> do it, and it took them some time to figure it out.
>
> Eric
>
> On 5/25/11 1:42 PM, EBo wrote:
>>  Do you have some example R scripts?
>>
>>  On Wed, 25 May 2011 15:22:46 -0400, Obeysekera, Jayantha wrote:
>>> I have used RNetCDF package in R successfully to read all NARCCAP
>>> model
>>> output.  You have to be careful about reading the time stamps
>>> correctly.
>>>
>>> Obey
>>>
>>> Jayantha Obeysekera, Ph.D.,P.E.,D.WRE
>>> Department Director
>>> Hydrologic&  Environmental Systems Modeling
>>> South Florida Water Management District
>>> (561) 682 6503 (Office)
>>> (561) 722 9994 (cell)

> Eric Gilleland