[NARCCAP-discuss] unclear about the vertical coordinate

Discussion of NARCCAP data - uses and questions narccap-discuss at mailman.ucar.edu
Wed Apr 13 16:09:29 MDT 2011

Hi Ran,

All the models are interpolating their 3-D data to the same set of heights,
which are every 25 hPa from 1050 up to 700, and every 50 hPa from there up to
the top of the atmosphere.  The situation with the incomplete datasets such as
CRCM is that when the modelers weren't able to get us everything all at once,
we
asked them to provide the data on the 'primary' levels (250, 300, 500, 600,
700,
850, & 950 hPa) first, and then to fill in the rest of the levels later.

So all of the models will have data on all those levels, but in some cases it
may not show up on ESG all at once.  We currently have CRCM 3-D data in the QC
pipeline, so it'll be published as soon as we're able to finish checking it.

Details about the pressure levels for the published data are specified in the
Output Requirements document on the website:
http://www.narccap.ucar.edu/data/output_requirements.html

Sorry for the confusion!

Cheers,

--Seth