[Narccap-announce] NARCCAP special session at AGU - CFP

Antonia Rosati arosati at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 29 11:34:34 MDT 2011

     Greetings NARCCAP friends,

     We encourage you to show your latest results in AGU special
session
     GC10 on "Regional Climate Impacts 1. Studies Based on Simulations
from
     the North American Regional Climate Change Assessment Program."
We are
     specifically looking for research on climate analyses, impacts
and adaptation studies, and further
     dynamical and statistical downscaling.

     The session will be held at the AGU Fall Meeting, 5-9 December
2011 in
     San Francisco, California, USA.  The session description is at
     http://sites.agu.org/fallmeeting/scientific-program/session-search/333
     and is appended below.   Notice that the session description
     specifically mentions NARCCAP as a focus.

     For instructions on abstract submission please see the AGU web
page at
     http://sites.agu.org/fallmeeting/scientific-program/submit-policies/

     The abstract deadline is 5 August 2011 at 03:59 UTC  (note this
is
     the afternoon or evening of 4 August in the Western Hemisphere).
     Please be  aware that AGU is very strict about deadlines and they
     will not accept late abstracts under any circumstances!   We urge
you
     to submit your abstract at least few days ahead of time as the
AGU
     system sometimes becomes overloaded on the deadline date.

     Please let the NARCCAP team know if you have any questions.  We
look
     forward to seeing you in San Francisco!

      Regards,
      Linda Mearns
      narccap at ucar.edu

      The session description follows:

      GC10: Regional Climate Impacts 1. Studies Based on Simulations
from
     the North American Regional Climate Change Assessment Program

      Convener(s):

      1. William Gutowski
      Iowa State Univ
      (515) 294-5632
      gutowski at iastate.edu

      2. Linda Mearns
      NCAR
      (303) 497-8124
      lindam at ucar.edu

     NARCCAP is investigating the uncertainties in regional scale
     projections of future climate and producing high resolution
climate
     change scenarios using multiple regional climate models (RCMs)
and
     multiple global model responses to a future emission scenario, by
     nesting the RCMs (at 50 km spatial resolution)within global
climate
     models over a domain covering most of N. America. The project
also
     includes an evaluation phase through nesting the participating
RCMs
     within NCEP Reanalysis. Over 400 registered users are working on
     climate analyses, impacts and adaptation studies, and further
     dynamical and statistical downscaling. We invite papers using
NARCCAP
     data in any of these types of studies.