[mpas-developers] COMMIT CHECK: branches/scratch_indication

Doug Jacobsen jacobsen.douglas at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 10:46:09 MDT 2013

Hello All,

I would like to commit my branch located at branches/scratch_indication to
the trunk. This branch contains modifications to registry and shared
framework that make fields have additional logicals that determine if they
are scratch variables or not.

In addition, it allows persistent variables to be passed into the scratch
allocation and deallocation routines without any negative consequences. If
someone passes a persistent variable into the scratch routines, they simply
return without any action.

This allows developers the ability to change a scratch variable into a
persistent variable, and write it to an output file without having to
change code. Then after debugging is finished, the variable can be moved
back to a scratch variable again without changing any code.

The additions to the field type are:
logical :: isPersistent

where Registry sets the value of this.

As this has no negative impact on any cores currently, I would like to push
it onto the trunk tomorrow prior to my xml_registry merge.

If anyone has any comments or questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Doug