[mpas-developers] **NOTICE** Please Read -- Trunk Commit xml_registry

Doug Jacobsen jacobsen.douglas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 08:50:46 MDT 2013

Hello everyone,

This Friday 3/22/13 I will be committing the branch located at
branches/xml_registry to the trunk. This will break all branches Registry
files, as they have to be migrated to the new format. If you merge the
trunk to your branch after this point, you will need to update the
Registry.xml file in order to maintain any variables/namelist options that
you added in the branch.

If you want to merge the trunk to your branch prior to this date, feel free
to do so, but keep in mind after Friday you *will* need to update your
branche's Registry.xml file.

I will leave the old Registry files in the trunk for a week after doing the
commit, so next Friday 3/29/13 I will remove the old format Registry files
from the trunk cores. If you want to validate your Registry.xml files, you
can find the schema definition file at src/registry/Registry.xsd within the
branch (and after Friday in the trunk). You can use this website to
validate against the schema.

http://www.freeformatter.com/xml-validator-xsd.html

Doug