[mpas-developers] COMMIT CHECK: Bug fix for explicit decompositions

Doug Jacobsen jacobsen.douglas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 11:17:54 MST 2013

Hey Everyone,

Yet another bug fix for my own code.

This relates to explicit decompositions which we have not been able to test
heavily, until yesterday. I put together a python script (in
branches/tools/python_scripts/processor_decompositions) that creates
hirearchical decompositions for managing the mapping of blocks to
processors. In writing this, I've begun testing the ocean core with
multiple blocks per processor using explicit processor decompositions.

I discovered two bugs, which are fixed in the attached mpas_block_decomp.F
file. Without the fixes I'm unable to run with the decompositions created
from my script, but with the two fixes I can run in the ocean core and get
bit-identical results versus a single processor single block run.

This fix only affects explicit processor decompositions, and since I've
tested it, I'll commit it tomorrow morning unless anyone has any concerns.

Thanks,
Doug