[mpas-developers] iro for tracers ….. bug or feature?

Doug Jacobsen jacobsen.douglas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:47:47 MDT 2012

Hey Todd,

I think this is because super arrays can't have mixed input/output states.
It's all or nothing, because they are all packaged into a single field type.

It most likely uses the last tracer's iro values to determine if it's
input/output/restart. So, I bet if you took the o off salinity and then put
temperature below salinity you would get them both written out.

It seems like this is more like a feature than a bug, because of the way
super arrays currently work. Super arrays are a bit more restrictive in
terms of what you can and can't do with them, but they are more useful than
having all of the tracers be their own fields.

Doug