[mpas-developers] iro for tracers ….. bug or feature?

Todd Ringler todd.ringler at mac.com
Fri Oct 26 08:31:47 MDT 2012

possible bug report ....

I am using the ocean core on the trunk. I changed Registry to remove the output of salinity

var persistent real    temperature ( nVertLevels nCells Time ) 2 iro temperature state tracers dynamics
var persistent real    salinity ( nVertLevels nCells Time ) 2 ir  salinity state tracers dynamics

and to my surprise neither salinity nor temperature was written to output! These are the only two fields packed in the tracers super structure.

If I turn back on salinity output with iro, I then get both fields in the output.