[mpas-developers] COMMIT CHECK: Arbitrary ordering of namelist groups

Jones, Philip W pwjones at lanl.gov
Thu Oct 18 12:52:21 MDT 2012

Doug,

This would be convenient.

Phil

On 10/18/12 11:28 AM, "Doug Jacobsen" <jacobsen.douglas at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello again all,

Here is another fun commit check.

This is a modification to Registry. In this case, it allows reading of namelist groups in any order.

Currently, if you randomize your namelist groups, or put them in an order that is not consistent with the definitions in Registry some groups won't be read in. The fix is pretty simple, and just entails rewinding the iounit after reading any namelist group.

I have attached a modified gen_inc.c that I will commit tomorrow if no one has any issues.

Thanks!
Doug

---
Correspondence/TSPA/DUSA EARTH
Philip Jones                                pwjones at lanl.gov
Climate, Ocean and Sea Ice Modeling
Los Alamos National Laboratory
T-3 MS B216                                 Ph: 505-500-2699
PO Box 1663                                Fax: 505-665-5926
Los Alamos, NM 87545-1663