[mpas-developers] config_write_initial_output option

Michael Duda duda at ucar.edu
Thu May 10 14:24:04 MDT 2012

Mark,

I think this would be a useful option, though as currently implemented
in the branch, I'm not sure that it would work as expected when there
are multiple history frames written to the same file. I've also been
looking at implementing this, and I have some changes to the IO layer to
support appending time frames to an existing file that I think might be
useful for a completely general implementation of the
write_initial_output functionality. I can send these changes to you to
take a look at, or I can merge them into the branch; just let me know.

Michael