[mpas-developers] config_write_initial_output option

Mark Petersen mpetersen at lanl.gov
Thu May 10 13:06:15 MDT 2012

MPAS Developers,

I added the flag config_write_initial_output to all cores in the branch
ocean_projects/first_output_optional.  It simply controls if an output
file is written upon start-up.  The ocean core needs this for our large
runs, to save i/o and for simply time-averaged variables.  Because the
first file initialized in driver/mpas_subdriver.F, it affects all
cores.  In addition, it seems like a useful flag for everyone.

I tested by compiling all four cores, and running with the ocean core.
Could someone run a little test with the atmospheric cores, switching
this flag on and off, and make sure it works as expected?  When I hear
back, I will merge the branch to the trunk.

Thanks,
Mark