[mpas-developers] proposed trunk commit

Michael Duda duda at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 22 11:31:27 MDT 2012

Hi, All.

I'd like to remove a bit of deprecated code from the framework
directory.  Specifically, our infrastructure is now general enough to
handle any non-decomposed variable, so we no longer need special code to
handle fields whose outermost dimension is nVertLevels. I'm proposing to
remove all code that references nVertLevels (<10 lines total!) from
mpas_io_input.F and mpas_block_creator.F; these changes have no effect
on MPAS models.

If there are no objections, I'd like to commit these changes before the
end of the week.

Thanks,
Michael