[mpas-developers] Naming Schemes

Doug Jacobsen jacobsen.douglas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 11:47:02 MDT 2011

I don't mean that what ever you replace [core] with has to be generic, I
just mean that it's nothing specific (where [model] would mostly be mpas_).
In this case, [core] can be chosen by the developers of that core. And you
could potentially have multiple [core]'s if that makes sense for the
development of that core.

I am not involved in the development of mpas-sea ice, but I personally would
think that mpas_seaice would be better than mpas_cice, just because cice is
it's own stand alone model. The analog for that would be if we chose to name
the ocean core mpas_pop instead of mpas_ocn. But again it's all preference
from the developers.

Doug