[mpas-developers] Naming Schemes

William Lipscomb lipscomb at lanl.gov
Thu Sep 29 10:52:00 MDT 2011

Hi all,

I like this general naming scheme.  I just wonder how we should
designate land ice as opposed to sea ice.  The current CESM convention
is that sea ice is "ice" and land ice is "glc".  Should we use that
convention, or should we switch to "landice" and "seaice" for greater
clarity?  (Although "landice" is kind of long-winded, I don't think
"lice" is a good option.)

Cheers,

Bill

William H. Lipscomb					E-mail: lipscomb at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Laboratory		Phone: (505) 667-0395
Group T-3, Mail Stop B216			Fax: (505) 665-5926
Los Alamos, NM 87545