[mpas-developers] Minor updates for compiler compliance

Conrad Roesch croesch at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 26 19:56:26 MDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

I have a few minor updates that I would like to merge into the trunk as there is some non-standard code in the framework and stricter Fortran compilers will not build it as it stands now.  Namely, the mpas_timekeeping and mpas_timing modules contain pointers declared with intent statements.  I have removed the intent statements, and nothing has changed functionally.  I will check in these changes Thursday if there are no concerns.

While on this topic, I noticed that there are some other areas within the various cores that will not compile with all of the Fortran compilers supported in the Makefile, for example, some compilers do allow the implicit conversion from integers to boolean values that is used in parts of the code.  I don't bring this up as something that is an immediate concern, but it may be something to keep in mind if we are interested in doing a bit of clean up at some point to ensure broader compatibility.

Cheers,
Conrad