[mpas-developers] Trunk Commit Check: Adding Wind Stress and Bottom Drag to SW Core

Michael Duda duda at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 24 16:21:06 MST 2011

Hi, Doug.

Overall, the changes look good to me. As a performance improvement, though,
you could add an if-test around the new block of code at line 503 in
module_time_integration.F to prevent the edge loop from iterating if neither
of the new options are active, e.g.,

      if (config_wind_stress .or. config_bottom_drag) then
      end if

Also, I was wondering where the 1.0e-3 constant at line 518 comes from; is
this just the inverse of rho_ref?

Cheers!
Michael