[mpas-developers] proposed date/time manager

Michael Duda duda at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 18 10:32:48 MST 2011

Hi, Todd.

I agree that we should not exclude the ability to have dt change
in time; the intent was for 2.1.4 to require this ability, but
perhaps I did a poor job at phrasing the explanation of the
requirement.

After Phil has had added his additions to the document, I'll add
in a requirement to support multiple calendars. I think at a
minimum we'd like a standard Gregorian and a no-leap-year
calendar, but perhaps a quick chat with some climate or regional
climate folks would reveal additional calendars that would be
needed.

Cheers,
Michael