[mpas-developers] a bug in the SW code in the trunk

Mark Petersen mpetersen at lanl.gov
Fri Dec 9 13:29:00 MST 2011

Qingshan,

Yes, I fixed that bug in the ocean core several months ago, and forgot
to check for it in the sw core.  Thanks for finding it.  I did change
the halo update to provis in the ocean core:

            if (config_h_mom_eddy_visc4 > 0.0) then
               call mpas_dmpar_exch_halo_field2d_real(domain % dminfo,
provis % divergence % array(:,:), &
                                                block % mesh %
nVertLevels, block % mesh % nCells, &
                                                block % parinfo %
cellsToSend, block % parinfo % cellsToRecv)
               call mpas_dmpar_exch_halo_field2d_real(domain % dminfo,
provis % vorticity % array(:,:), &
                                                block % mesh %
nVertLevels, block % mesh % nVertices, &
                                                block % parinfo %
verticesToSend, block % parinfo % verticesToRecv)
            end if

It should look the same in the sw core.  If you want to change it, that
would be great.

Thanks,
Mark