[mpas-developers] proposed standard quasi-uniform grids

Michael Duda duda at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 12 14:40:13 MST 2010

Hi, Todd.

I think it would be a great idea to place standard meshes
on our sourceforge site. I have just a couple of questions
regarding the contents of the mesh files themselves:

1) What is the meaning of the 'history' attribute in the
   netCDF mesh files? Would this be used to store grid
   provenance data, or was this attribute automatically
   added by the 'ncatted' utility?

2) Recognizing that the grid generation code itself
   adds the fields u, v, h, vh, circulation, vorticity, ke,
   and tracers, should we first modify the global_scvt code
   to eliminate these fields before creating the final set
   of files to be distributed?

Otherwise, I think the contents of the tar files looks
complete.

Cheers,
Michael