[mpas-developers] request to merge lateral_boundary branch to the trunk

Todd Ringler ringler at lanl.gov
Tue May 4 16:13:15 MDT 2010

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the heads up on the reintegrate option. Just a note to
anyone reading, the reintegrate option essentially renders the branch
unusable (which is fine because it was merged).

In Subversion 1.5, once a --reintegrate merge is done from branch to
trunk, the branch is no longer usable for further work. It's not able
to correctly absorb new trunk changes, nor can it be properly
reintegrated to trunk again. For this reason, if you want to keep
working on your feature branch, we recommend destroying it and then re-
creating it from the trunk:

Cheers,
Todd