[mpas-developers] request to merge lateral_boundary branch to the trunk

Todd Ringler ringler at lanl.gov
Tue May 4 14:43:23 MDT 2010

Hi Michael,

After the merge of the trunk to the lateral_boundary_conditions
branch, I went to the trunk and issued the command

svn merge --dry-run -r 160:HEAD https://svn-mpas-model.cgd.ucar.edu/branches/lateral_boundary_conditions

that resulted in the following:

--- Merging r161 through r243 into '.':
U    src/core_hyd_atmos/module_advection.F
U    src/core_hyd_atmos/module_time_integration.F
U    src/core_sw/Registry
U    src/core_sw/module_time_integration.F
    C src/core_sw/module_vector_reconstruction.F
U    src/registry/gen_inc.c
C    src/core_ocean/module_test_cases.F
C    src/core_ocean/Registry
C    src/core_ocean/module_time_integration.F
    C src/core_ocean/module_vector_reconstruction.F
U    src/framework/module_io_input.F
U    src/framework/module_io_output.F
U    src/framework/module_block_decomp.F
U    src/framework/module_dmpar.F
    C src/operators
C    namelist.input.ocean
Summary of conflicts:
   Text conflicts: 4
   Tree conflicts: 3

There are no conflicts within the framework or within the hyd_atmos.
The conflicts in the sw model are due to issues with the
reconstruction being moved into the operators directory (these account
for all three tree conflicts) -- this is easily fixed. The text
conflicts in the ocean core are by design, we made some changes to the
solver.

Mark Petersen will now do the evaluation of the branch code. I expect
bit-for-bit in the shallow-water model and the hydrostatic core and
will verify this. I will also clean up the minor conflicts.

Assuming that Mark's evaluation is positive and that I can verify bit-
for-bit in the sw and hyd cores, is there any reason to delay
committing this to the trunk sometime later this week?

Cheers,
Todd