[mpas-developers] Vector Reconstruction

Michael Duda duda at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 23 11:56:09 MDT 2010

Hi, Xylar.

Thanks for the quick reply. In SWTC2, the maximum zonal velocity
is around 38 m/s at the equator, so 10 m/s for uReconstructZ does
seem out of place. Just to make sure I understand how to interpret
uReconstruct{X,Y,Z}, these are the components of the velocity
vector in Cartesian space, with the z-axis positive through the
north pole of the sphere, right? I had been testing on a fairly
coarse grid (10242 cells), so that could be a factor; I'll do a
little more testing at higher resolution.

Cheers,
Michael