[mpas-developers] how to get task #

Michael Duda duda at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 28 15:27:38 MST 2010

Hi, Todd.

Right now, I don't think we have a clean way to get the task ID,
other than to use domain % dminfo % my_proc_id. If the routines
that need the task ID have access to dminfo, we could add a short
function to the dmpar module:

   integer function dmpar_task_id(dminfo)

      implicit none

      type (dm_info), intent(in) :: dminfo

      dmpar_task_id = dminfo % my_proc_id
      return

   end function dmpar_task_id

Adding this routine would allow us to maintain dminfo as an opaque
type that would be easier to augment or change to accommodate
future improvements to the dmpar module. Would adding this routine
work in your case?

Cheers,
Michael