[mpas-developers] restart capability

Todd Ringler ringler at lanl.gov
Mon Apr 26 12:51:32 MDT 2010

Hi All,

Is anyone utilizing the restart capability in any of the MPAS model
components? I have taken a quick stab at this in the ocean component
with no luck. I am wondering if I am missing something simple.

Just to make sure that I am on the right track, a definition of the
members in the namelist might be in order.

&restart
    config_restart_interval = 14400     (this is clear, write a
restart every _interval)
    config_do_restart = .false.              (i am guessing that this
is true when starting from a restart)
    config_restart_time = 0.0                 (i am guessing that this
resets the time when doing a restart)
/

Cheers,
Todd