[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #80413] History for FCST_LEAD time in Grid-stat

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed May 10 12:23:37 MDT 2017

Thanks for giving the tutorial at NCEP a few weeks ago.  I learned a lot of new ways I want to use the tools, especially stat-analysis.  However, to do this I really need my grid-stat output files to have the correct FCST_LEAD time.  Currently it is all zeros.  I see you used to have a "-fcst_lead" flag you could set while running grid-stat, but that is not supported in MET5.2.  Do I need to set the fcst_lead time manually in some other way?  Perhaps my forecast NetCDF file has some inconsistent formatting or the level is not specified correctly.

I have uploaded a forecast file (a 3 day forecast in 24 hour increments), the observation file for the 3rd day,and my config file on the ftp site.  The FCST_LEAD time should be 72 hours.

Best,
Shannon