[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #62494] History for Error with Stat-Analysis Tool

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 6 09:24:15 MDT 2013

Good day Sir/Mam,

I'm a researcher who's interested in using MET for evaluating forecasts
and I've been going through the tutorial posted and I've encountered a
problem with the Stat-Analysis Tool which I can't get past. Here it is:

GSL_RNG_TYPE=mt19937
GSL_RNG_SEED=391839569
DEBUG 2: Computing output for 1 case(s).
ERROR  :
ERROR  :   AsciiTable::rc_to_n() -> range check error ...
ERROR  :                            (Nrows, Ncols) = (3, 6)
ERROR  :                            (r, c) = (1, 6)
ERROR  :

This came after performing the last set of commands for the Stat-Analysis
as shown:

bin/stat_analysis \
-lookin tutorial/out/point_stat \
-job aggregate_stat \
-dump_row tutorial/out/stat_analysis/job6_aggr_stat_wdir.stat \
-vx_mask EAST -vx_mask WEST \
-interp_pnts 25 \
-fcst_thresh ge1.0 \
-line_type VL1L2 \
-out_line_type WDIR \
-v 2

If you have any insight into this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Carlo Jamandre
Physics Department
Ateneo de Manila University