[Met_help] pb2nc tool

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 23 11:50:11 MDT 2010

Jeff,

OK, on that page you should be using the files that have the string "prepbufr" embedded in their names:
http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/data/gdas/201003/20100328/gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr
http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/data/gdas/201003/20100328/gdas1.t06z.prepbufr.nr
http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/data/gdas/201003/20100328/gdas1.t12z.prepbufr.nr
http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/data/gdas/201003/20100328/gdas1.t18z.prepbufr.nr

There are 4 GDAS PREPBUFR observation files per day, each containing a 6-hour chunk.

John