[IFAS] IFAS Dashboard Comparability Question

Heather Harris hharris at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 26 11:37:23 MDT 2012

We control Citrix access based on Windows groups, and Geoff is in the
group for production IFAS as well as iVantage.  If anyone needs Citrix
access to these apps and doesn't have it, please let me know.  The only
requirement for Citrix in any browser is a Java client.  Thanks Ellen
for bringing up this alternative and for posting the URL.
Thanks,
Heather

On 6/26/2012 11:05 AM, Karla Edwards wrote:
> Hi Ellen,
>
> Yes, IFAS and iVantage can be access via citrix.  We host both
> applications there.  Good suggestion!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karla
>
> On 6/26/2012 10:41 AM, Ellen Martinez wrote:
>> Thanks Karla.
>>
>> Great information to have. Could Geoff access IFAS via Citrix? Does
>> Apple support Citrix? He could have iVantage and IFAS together on one
>> screen. I use
>> http://facitrix1.fanda.ucar.edu/Citrix/XenApp/site/default.aspx via Firefox.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ellen
>>
>> On 6/26/2012 10:28 AM, Karla Edwards wrote:
>>> Hi Geoff.
>>>
>>> The IFAS dashboard via Apple's Safari does not provide the full
>>> functionality of the dashboard such as access to direct IFAS screens
>>> such as the chart of accounts screen for account key lookups, etc.
>>> Essentially, Safari works the same as Firefox.
>>>
>>> When you login to the IFAS dashboard via Safari or Firefox you will have
>>> access to the reports and links to other websites but you won't have
>>> access to the IFAS screens.  Under the All tab as well, you will only
>>> see the CDD reports tree structure and will not see the IFAS menu.
>>>
>>> Let me know if there are further questions.
>>>
>>> Karla

Heather Harris	  Systems Administrator
(303) 497-8883	  F&A IT Operations