[icoads_usa] icoads_usa mailing list hosted at NCAR

Eric Freeman - NOAA Affiliate eric.freeman at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 11 09:47:05 MDT 2013

Good day all,
Our colleagues at NCAR have set up an ICOADS mailing list for all of us to
use to enhance our communications within our core group.

Steve mentioned many benefits of having this service:
1) by emailing to icoads_usa at mailman.ucar.edu we all get the same message,
no one is accidentally forgotten
2) the system builds an archive that all subscribers can re-visit
3) there are various setting, such as digest, to tune how you get the
information
4) of course you can un-subscribe at any time
5) as the administrator, Steve has assigned himself to 'accept and approve"
all subscription requests, this means the email list is tightly controlled,
i.e. not open to the public, and there is very limited potential for spam.

You all are invited to subscribe and actively participate in using the new
email list. To subscribe go here:

FYI - Steve is in the process of setting up an additional mailing list,
i.e. 'icoads_int at mailman.ucar.edu', that can be used by us and our
international partners. We have more to discuss on this and plan to make
this list active sometime in the near future, possibly after our meeting in
Boulder in early November.

We hope you use this service often. It will provide a great way to keep
everyone on the same page.

Let Steve or I know if you have any problems joining the mailing list.
Cheers,
Eric

--

Eric Freeman
Marine Observation Analyst - STG, Inc.

Ingest and Analysis Branch
Global Climate Applications Division
NOAA's National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801-5001
Phone: +1 828.271.4463
Fax:   +1 828.271.4022
Eric.Freeman at noaa.gov