[icoads_usa] email lists for ICOADS

Scott Woodruff scott.d.woodruff at noaa.gov
Thu Oct 10 09:15:25 MDT 2013

Thanks for setting these up, Steve.

I've just put in a subscription submission to join the international list.

How about this list of additional invitees for the usa list?:
     Zaihua Ji <zji at ucar.edu>
     Jay Lawrimore <Jay.Lawrimore at noaa.gov>
     Sandy Lubker <Sandra.J.Lubker at noaa.gov>
     Karsten Shein <Karsten.Shein at noaa.gov>
     Shawn Smith <smith at coaps.fsu.edu>

The list of invitees for the international list partnership list could
be derived (largely anyway) I think from the recent EarthTemp mailing on
the R3.0 workplan. Until the U.S. Gov't shutdown is resolved, probably
there isn't much urgency to issue further invitations, but I was
thinking it might be advantageous to get this rolled out (both usa and
int) prior to our ICOADS/IVAD meeting in Nov. (note: thus far
international responses to my Doodle have been limited:
http://doodle.com/2pmkevgdzeqhpvpp), so that it could be discussed
further then.

I'm theoretically departing on vacation starting tomorrow (back in the
office 5 Nov.), but may work more into next week depending on the
shutdown (including of Yosemite N.P.) status.

Eric: Depending on how the above sounds to you and Steve, would you be
agreeable to carry this forward in my absence in terms of issuing the
invitations, which could also potentially await some in-person
discussion with Jay (once shutdown dust settles!)? Thanks,  -Scott