[Hearts-of-GOLD] sharing call for nominations

Grady Dixon pgdixon at fhsu.edu
Wed Jan 24 09:28:58 MST 2018

Happy New Year to everyone. It is now time for the Hearts of GOLD group to start recruiting more aggressively for our 2018 GOLD Institute. At this time last year, we had only 6 nominations. This year, we already have 20, so we are doing well. Our goal is to receive 80 or more. Last year, we selected 25 participants from 70 nominations.

If you are on Twitter, please share this announcement:
https://twitter.com/nsfGOLD/status/955857591384657921

Otherwise, please share the project webpage
http://www.fhsu.edu/geo/gold/

or you can share the nomination form
https://goo.gl/forms/FZDWXRWDI4f8Nqsc2

Finally, if you have not done so yet, I ask that you nominate at least a couple of colleagues. As you are thinking about this, I encourage you to especially consider those geoscientists who travel a lot to give talks about their research and/or their professional societies. Such presentations are great opportunities to spend a few minutes discussing the value of increasing diversity in our disciplines.

P. Grady Dixon
Professor and Chair
Department of Geosciences
Fort Hays State University