[GTP] Fwd:

BC Low low at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 26 09:43:04 MDT 2018

Dear Annick,

Nice to hear from you.  Since retiring in 2014, I was immersed in family
matters, as planned, and had uniformly turned down professional
engagements.

But, I could not resist the opportunity to write a chapter on coronal
magnetism for the book The Sun: A guide to stellar physics, edited
by Oddbjorn Engvold, Andy Skumanich & Jean-Claude Vial to be published by
Elsevier later in the year.  I came back to HAO as a visitor
to write my chapter that turned out to be real hard work and exciting
learning.

Browsed through your interesting AGU sessions.  Best wishes to you and your
co-organizers for a successful meeting.

My final draft chapter can be downloaded at

http://download.hao.ucar.edu/pub/low/CoronalMag_AuthorPreprint_17May2018.pdf

Gene Parker was pleasantly surprised.  It was fortuitous that The Sun, the
book, is coming out on the 60th anniversary
of his ApJ paper predicting the existence of the solar wind.  This is also
the year of the APS Medal awarded to him:

https://www.aps.org/programs/honors/prizes/prizerecipient.cfm?last_nm=Parker&first_nm=Eugene&year=2018

Regards to you and Peter, and hi to Jack and Jim,
BC