[GTP] CLARIFICATION- Boulder Fluids Seminar Series

Ralph Milliff milliff at cora.nwra.com
Wed Jun 19 11:26:39 MDT 2013

Hi Silvia,

You are correct.  I append here the explanation from Prof. Peter Hamlington that
should accompany the seminar announcements.  As described in Peter's preamble,
the format for the seminar series going forward will be to include 2 talks at every meeting
(every other Tues).

Thanks for spreading the word.  It will be great to hear from GTP as this seminar series
continues.

Ralph

***** Peter Hamlington Preamble *****

Hello Everyone,
The first installment of the Boulder Fluid Dynamics Seminar Series will be held on Tuesday, June 25th at 3:30pm. These seminars are intended to bring together all of the great fluids researchers in Boulder and will be held every two weeks. There will be two talks each time in order to give more people -- including students and junior scientists -- the chance to present. Each talk will be 25 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions. Our first presenters will be Baylor Fox-Kemper from Brown University (formerly CU) and Mike Soltys, a graduate student in John Crimaldi's group at CU. An announcement with seminar titles and abstracts is attached.

As for logistics, the seminars will take place in the Bechtel Collaboratory in the Discovery Learning Center (DLC) on the CU campus. A map showing the DLC and parking is attached to this email (both are near F11 in map coordinates). Visitor parking permits will be provided for all non-CU attendees, so there is no need to pay for parking. Refreshments (i.e., coffee and cookies) will be provided prior to the seminars at 3:15pm.

A website with the seminar schedule and more details will be up shortly. Let me know if you or any members of your group are interested in speaking. We hope to have participation from all institutions and researchers in Boulder, so don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested.

Finally, just this once, I have revealed all names and addresses in the "To" field of this email. If you think I have missed someone (especially students), forward this email to that person and cc me. I will add them to the list for future announcements.

I hope to see you all next Tuesday and let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Peter