[GTP] AGU Session on Turbulence in Geophysical and Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics

Silvia Gentile sgentile at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 11 09:45:42 MDT 2013

FYI,

Silvia Gentile
NCAR IMAGe
1850 Table Mesa Drive
Boulder, CO 80305
303 497 2480
www2.image.ucar.edu

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	AGU Session on Turbulence in Geophysical and Astrophysical
Fluid Dynamics
Date: 	Thu, 11 Jul 2013 09:43:41 -0600
From: 	miesch <miesch at ucar.edu>
To: 	Mark Miesch <miesch at ucar.edu>

A session at the fall AGU meeting that may be of interest to you:

AGU Session NG021:  Turbulence in Geophysical and Astrophysical Fluid
Dynamics

Many of the approaches taken to solve problems in atmospheric and oceanic
dynamics, mantle convection, dynamo processes, and plasma flows are
complementary. In this session, we aim to bring together the theoretical,
numerical, and experimental work on fundamental fluid dynamics from these
different fields to promote interaction across the spectrum of geophysical
and astrophysical fluid dynamics. In particular, we focus on strongly
nonlinear dynamics such as: rapidly rotating turbulence; atmospheric
circulation and jets; MHD turbulence and magnetic field generation; heat
transfer and mixing in thermal turbulence; double diffusive systems; and
experimental and numerical methods of turbulence research.

https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/session-search/sessions/ng021-turbulence-in-geophysical-and-astrophysical-fluid-dynamics/

Mark Miesch
High Altitude Observatory
3080 Center Green Dr