[GTP] Workshop at NCAR - “Multiphase Turbulent Flows in the Atmosphere and Ocean”, August 13-17, 2012

Silvia Gentile sgentile at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 27 11:22:25 MST 2012

Dear Colleague,

We would like to make you aware that NCAR's Geophysical Turbulence
Program (GTP) is organizing a workshop entitled “Multiphase Turbulent
Flows in the Atmosphere and Ocean”. The workshop is scheduled to take
place at NCAR's Foothills Laboratory in Boulder, Colorado in the week of
August 13-17, 2012. The overall goal of the workshop is to discuss
recent progress and open research issues in the multiphase turbulent
flows relevant to geophysical applications.

The workshop will include invited keynote lectures and contributed
papers. We have already identified several keynote lecturers (including
Drs./Profs. S. Balachandar, A. Lanotte, J.-H. Liang, A. Kerstein, M. R.
Maxey, R. A. Shaw, and F. Toschi) and await confirmation from a few more.

At this point we would like to ask you to send us a short email if you
are interested in this workshop and will be able to participate. We plan
to create an email list with names of all interested and used that list
in future communications.

We have a limited GTP funds for the workshop participants. Please let us
know if you need support and what kind of support is needed (airfare,
hotel?). We are trying to obtain additional funding for students, so
please encourage your students to contact us if the subject of the
workshop fits their interest area.

We hope to see you at the workshop this summer.

With best regards,

Wojciech Grabowski, NCAR
Harm Jonker, TU Delft
Peter Sullivan, NCAR