[GTP] minutes of the meeting, please note deadline of February 24 for junior fund proposals

pouquet at ucar.edu pouquet at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 8 09:54:45 MST 2012

DECISIONS taken at the GTP annual meeting

Reserve: 		 4k

TRIG meeting: 		7.5k

Grad. student: Lisa Dirks (Hosts: Steve Oncley & Tom Horst, 6 month
visit, co-sponsoring by EOL): 	4.5k

Grad. student: Silvester Anabas (Hosts: Wojciech Grabowski and Piotr
Smolarkiewicz, MMM):	2k

Junior scientist fund (1, 2 & 3), related to GTP retreat: 5k

>>> Please send a 1-paragraph proposal for purpose of request     and
>>> needed amount, to pouquet at ucar.edu by February 24	   <<<

Note on Fiscal 13:

* Workshop on LES, HAO+, 30k

Then, possibly 17k left for seminars  and visitors

Issue for Fiscal 14: we may have to choose between lower amounts for
workshops vs. visitors if budgets do not grow back

VISITORS

All visitors give at least one seminar; overhead included in allocated
sums, unless visitor stays only for 3 (or 4?) days:

Ian Harmann (Host: Ned Patton, MMM): 			4k

David Gurarie (H: Don Lenschow, MMM): 			3k

Dmitri Mironov (H: Peter Sullivan, MMM): 		5k

Arakel Petrosyan (H: Mark Miesch, HAO): 		2k

Eric Lindborg (H: Duane Rosenberg, IMAGe): 		2k

Hélène Politano (H: Annick Pouquet, IMAGe): 		3.5k

Alain Noullez (H: Annick Pouquet, IMAGe): 		3.5k

            [Note: Raymond Shaw from EOL coming to the August workshop]
            [Also note the lack of seminar invitees for < 4 days this year]

                      TOTAL:  46k, all available monies engaged

>>> You will find the slides presented at the meeting at
>>> http://gtp.ucar.edu/   <<<

Thank you for your continuing support of GTP
Annick