[GTP] GTP retreat --NCAR

Silvia Gentile sgentile at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 29 11:57:11 MDT 2010

Dear All,

I am re-sending Annick Pouquet's invitation as a reminder to those who
have not replied but would like to attend. The meeting will be held in
the meeting room, Fleischmann Building

FYI, confirmed attendees:

John	Clyne
Aime	Fournier
Jack	Herring
Sasha	Madronich
Jim	McWilliams
Mark	Miesch
Chin-Hoh Moeng
Annick	Pouquet
Piotr	Smolarkiewicz
Jielun	Sun

"Dear GTP members,

GTP will hold its quasi-decadal *retreat* on *Friday July 30th*   2010,
at NCAR.

Please let Silvia and myself know whether you will be able to   attend
(count on the whole day, but the exact timing is not   determined yet
...), and mark it on your calendar!

A few short presentations will be given and we shall also organize
into break-out group discussions on well-chosen themes, around   lunch
and beyond.

We shall briefly examine what we have accomplished and, more
importantly, what we want to do in the next quasi-10 years. I will
propose, as always, an increase in the GTP budget for our  outreach
activities, and we will aim at determining what should  be our
priorities, in view of the changing environment.

I am thinking for example of what peta and exa scale is going to   give
  us, eddy resolving and cloud resolving, as well  bio-chemistry  resolving.

What are *you* thinking?

Do you want to present something (two-slide like)? Let me know!
DO contact me for input if you so wish, and see you there!

Annick "

--
Silvia Gentile
NCAR IMAGe