[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: Volunteer opportunity: March for Science

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 6 09:08:14 MST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: pac_universe (PAC Boulder) <pac_universe at lists.colorado.edu>
Date: Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 7:47 AM
Subject: Volunteer opportunity: March for Science
To: pac_universe at lists.colorado.edu

Dear Postdocs,

Please see the opportunity below to get involved in organizing the March
for Science on April 14th, 2018.

Thanks,
The PAC

======================

Greetings Fellow Science Enthusiasts!

On April 14, 2018, March for Science Denver will again rally all
science-supporting Coloradans at Civic Center Park! Last year over twenty
thousand people joined in solidarity, making Denver one of the largest
marches in the world.

This year's event will include a march through downtown, a diverse group of
speakers, music, an educational teach-in, and family fun including hands-on
science demonstrations throughout the park.

Last year's event was possible because of our amazing, dedicated,
all-volunteer team of organizers (we are volunteers, too). We need your
help to make this year's March just as successful! In addition to the main
event on April 14, we are reaching out to Colorado legislators to help
inform their policies and to our community through science education.  We
are working to make the celebration of science not a once a year event, but
an everyday event.

To sign up to volunteer for the day of event or for ongoing efforts, go
here (link
<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1EoPtdzm1B6_xxk_7jgR14xaGr1uyaVOvIsC_nEeMwPxpM4FpBn4-DtshOB-0Ff4g5wG-N7PEqrJBBeXZJxczoBDEnKruw0OsXpWYvR2Vginex-BRNAgWGzd36sxt3F5AAMRWVXHGmvhkwJKR0C7YQMSLraEwbhteJc_1RkYQpuCxNiWH2oZzTYpKMTpA_B3i0_eNqTMIvsxVhP_hA_vcNqkS9Qt8w-t1xkk5-mrXA9mYo9MtvBuWyXpJ8jgPIECGjRVQxPl-s1uRNlw6uQf-wFwpfsHET4rvp8M4PIY0vWZdoPOmI3Y5-Nk_xmte04d57hSkH69TqhEvTXkT5oxkJobXMR8wZggJGQlrXzT3PY8z_HZuJ2fOHXtJq9F8hPjgFLE5avIFNF2JuNhxQsp1R9BLo299fv_id0gOK0182nh0-1LOXkc2Ie_yebOe4m8C1F5ldJtaS7m3_8o0RgFJCg/http%3A%2F%2Fmarchforsciencedenver.org%2Fvolunteer-info-form%2F>
).

March on,

Lis Cohen
President
Denver March for Science

*The PAC - Postdoctoral Association of Colorado*

*by postdocs, for postdocs*http://www.colorado.edu/pac/

--

Paula Fisher
Administrator