[Grad-postdoc-assn] Lunch with elementary kids 9/14

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 6 11:46:46 MDT 2017

HI all,

​My kids and their entire Montessori elementary school (Grades 1-5) are
coming to NCAR next Thursday for the tour/activities.  They will be eating
lunch in the cafeteria around noon, and I would love to have some
scientists/postdocs/grad students/software engineers sit with them over
lunch.  There are around 50 of them.

We found from the Girl Scouts at NCAR event that just sitting and talking
 with a scientist is a wonderful experience for the kids.  You wouldn't be
expected to be a chaperone, just a scientist sitting with them answering
their questions.

Weather permitting, they will be walking the weather trail after lunch, so
if folks wanted to join them on that after lunch, that would be fantastic
as well.

Thursday September 14th
noon
ML Cafeteria