[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: One-year VAP position at University of Wisconsin, 2017-2018

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 16 06:53:30 MDT 2017

I was wondering if I could ask a favor?  Our department of Atmospheric and
Oceanic Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Madison has an opening for a
one-year visiting assistant professor position starting this fall. This
position would be a great entry point for recent Ph.D.s or post-docs with
interests in possible academic positions in the future who are looking to
gain both teaching and independent research experience.  Details and a link
to the official announcement are provided below.  Would you
mind circulating this announcement to anyone you feel might be interested,
including finishing students, post-docs or researchers at CIRES and NCAR?
We would also welcome applications from more senior people looking for an
opportunity to build strong research collaborations for the future.

Thanks,

Tristan

Visiting Assistant Professor in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences,
University of Wisconsin-Madison

A one-year instructional position as a Visiting Assistant Professor is
available for the 2017-2018 academic year in the Department of Atmospheric
and Oceanic Sciences. The position involves teaching undergraduate and
graduate classes in our major curriculum, holding regular office hours,
collaborating on research or maintaining an individual research
program, serving on graduate student research committees, and other
contributions to departmental committee work.

More specifically, the duties include teaching up to two courses per
semester (four courses total) in areas such as atmospheric thermodynamics
and cloud physics, synoptics and dynamics, data assimilation and numerical
weather prediction, climate science, or physical oceanography. Courses at
both the undergraduate and graduate level are included among those
available. Specific courses can be negotiated depending on a candidate's
experience, training, and interests. Research activities can be in the
candidate's area of expertise, with opportunities to collaborate with
members of our world-class research faculty.

http://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/495471/visiting-
assistant-professor-in-aos
VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN AOS at UW–Madison
<http://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/495471/visiting-assistant-professor-in-aos>
jobs.hr.wisc.edu
Find jobs at University of Wisconsin–Madison
----

Tristan L'Ecuyer

Associate Professor

Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences

University of Wisconsin-Madison

1225 W. Dayton St.

Madison, WI  53706

Phone: (608) 890-2107