[Grad-postdoc-assn] Tips on finding a job or postdoc position - follow up from career seminar

Rebecca Haacker rhaacker at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 27 11:25:30 MDT 2017

Hi all,

Thank you for joining us for the NCAR fellows hike and career seminar last
Thursday. Thanks for participating in the rich discussion and sharing your
experiences and tips. We summarized your main points in a handout we'll
make available on our website. See attached.

Two postdocs who recently found jobs (congrats!) and couldn't make the
meeting offered to speak to any of you if you have questions.

Sara Paull offered "I do wish I could share the insights/troubles I had
searching for post-post-doc employment in a small geographical area!  I did
a lot of outside-the-box thinking, applied to some unusual opportunities,
and in the end also got a little lucky. " Email her at sarap at ucar.edu

Karen McKinnon wrote: "I'd be more than happy to share my experiences at
another time on interviewing for academic (7) and non-academic (tech, 5)
jobs -- especially what I would do differently if I could do it again!" She
is at mckinnon at ucar.edu

Thank you Sara and Karen!

Cheers and enjoy your summer!
Rebecca