[Grad-postdoc-assn] Reminder and handout for Thursday's grad student and postdoc hike & breakfast conversation

Rebecca Haacker rhaacker at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 17 15:40:42 MDT 2017

Hi all,

A quick reminder about Thursday's NCAR graduate student and postdoc hike
and breakfast.

*Hike (optional): *
Meet at 8am at the Mesa Lab Fleischmann Building (the small building at the
north side of the parking lot). You can leave large backpacks, laptops etc.
here to go on the hike. We will hike behind the Mesa Lab for ~1.5 hours and
return to the Fleischmann Building.

*Breakfast and discussion:*
Walter Orr Roberts board room in the Fleischmann building, 9:40am,
discussion starts at 10am.

*Topic of the discussion:*
Tips for job searching and how to handle the demands of applying for jobs,
and interviewing while still trying to get your research, PhD thesis, and
papers done (and have a life!). Attached is an essay on the topic. If you
are currently looking for a job or just found one, I hope you can join us
and share your experience or tips on how to make it through this period of
transition.

See you all on Thursday!
Rebecca

Rebecca Haacker