[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: Opportunity for NASA HUNCH Preliminary Design Review

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 11 08:56:44 MST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Ristvey <jristvey at ucar.edu>
Date: Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 8:26 AM
Subject: Opportunity for NASA HUNCH Preliminary Design Review
To: ncar-education <ncar-education at ucar.edu>

Dear NCAR Education List,

Here is an opportunity for you to participate as a reviewer for a NASA JSC
HUNCH Preliminary Design Review. Let me know if you are interested and I
will connect you with the contact at NASA JSC. They would like to have
reviewers finalized by January 20. So let me know as soon as possible.
---

My name is Alli Westover and I work at the NASA Johnson Space Center with a
program called HUNCH (High School Students United with NASA to Create
Hardware).  Our program works with students across the country to develop
different hardware or softgoods items that the astronaut office has
requested to improve their quality of life aboard the International Space
Station.  I have the pleasure of being the program manager for the Colorado
area and get to work with several wonderful schools in the Denver area.
The projects that we work on go through several development phases, and our
first Preliminary Design review is coming up end of January.  We will be
having this design review at the Wings over the Rockies Museum in Denver on
January 25 with a start time at 11:00 am and will go until 3:00 pm.  We
would like to request that you or someone from your company attend the
review to critique and give feedback to the students on their engineering
projects.  We understand that your time is valuable and if this window of
time is not convenient, we would just like to request that you come for the
amount of time that works with your schedule.  We will also be providing
lunch to you during this time.  An RSVP for this event is requested and I
hope that you can attend and see the beginning phases of some fabulous
projects for NASA.  To understand more about the projects that they may be
working on, you can go to my website at www.hunchdesign.weebly.com.

--
John Ristvey
Director, UCAR Center for Science Education
jristvey at ucar.edu