[Grad-postdoc-assn] RSVP req. Meeting with NSF program manager

Rebecca Haacker rhaacker at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 7 09:24:38 MDT 2017

Hi all,

Happy Monday!

*RSVP requested if you are interested:*

Amanda Adams, a NSF program director, will be at NCAR on August 18th and
offered to meet with graduate students and postdocs who have questions
about NSF funding opportunities.

Some of her responsibilities include:

 Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
(AGS-PRF)
<https://www.nsf.gov/mobile/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=12779&org=NSF&from_org=NSF>
 GEO Opportunities for Leadership in Diversity (GOLD)
<https://www.nsf.gov/mobile/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=505271&org=NSF&from_org=NSF>
 Improving Undergraduate STEM Education: Pathways into Geoscience (IUSE:
GEOPATHS)
<https://www.nsf.gov/mobile/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=505169&org=NSF&from_org=NSF>
 National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
<https://www.nsf.gov/mobile/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=12809&org=NSF&from_org=NSF>
Manda is former faculty, also very active in the ESWN, and cares a lot
about student and postdoc support. The meeting would take place on Aug 18,
10:30am at the Foothills Campus.

Please RSVP with me by this Wednesday. We won't hold the meeting if we
don't get enough RSVPs as she has a busy schedule.

Regards,
Rebecca

Rebecca Haacker

Director